Celebration times!! I have been conferred the ‘One Lovely Blog’ and that too two times! Thank you so much Scribby and Ashreya’s Mom. This is my first award and I get to receive it twice! Can it get any cooler than this 😉
Now, since I got an award, I need to celebrate it.
kuch meetha ho jaye?
I had a can of milkmaid unused for 2 weeks and was looking for ways to use it. Also, when I closed the fridge after looking at the milkmaid ka dabba this Saturday, my eyes fell on the coconut sitting on the kitchen counter. Why not use both of them I thought. Due to prior experiences of disasters in mixing this and that, I wanted to be sure if you could use coconut scrapping’s with milkmaid. I was not disappointed as Google Baba showed me a way. Here’s in celebration of the award, how to make yummy coconut laddoos
This measurement makes 15 small sized laddoos.
2 cups of shredded coconut ( 3/4th of a normal sized coconut)
1 cup of sweetened milkmaid
1/2 spoon of cardamom powder
(1) Either shred the coconut pieces using your mixie jar or use the scrapper to get 2 cups of shredded coconut. For me I got this quantity with 3/4 of a coconut
(2) Put on some music( optional, but recommended)
(3) Heat a non-stick or a thick bottomed pan and stir the coconut. Make sure the coconut does not burn
(4) Wait until all the water evaporates (this happens quickly) and it turns brown in color.
(5) Enjoy the rich aroma wafting around you.
(6) In one hand, pour the milkmaid on the coconut, with the other hand keep stirring the mixture.
(7) Keep stirring for about 10 minutes, it will get thick and the quantity will also reduce.
(8) Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder and mix well
(9) Let it rest for some 10 minutes, while it is warm enough, make small laddoos using the mixture.
(10) I made small discs too, actually you can mould it into any shape you want.
P.S Before you think if I have turned into a chef ( ME are you listening? ) with last time’s sizzler and this sweet, please note that I burnt the day before yesterdays vegetable pulao and this mornings vermicelli upma looked so bad that Zack did not even taste it 😛