I am not a very ambitious person. I followed realistic goals throughout my school and college and still continue to do the same. But my brother is not like me. He has achieved a lot at this age, and he is three years younger than me. I was never the one to take risks or experiment like him, and now when I see him where he is after all the hard work and dedication, it makes me supremely proud.
But, but, but, I do think I have achieved small successes till date. They may not count as major accomplishments, but from my point of view, they are very important to me.
- Getting an engineering seat based on my merit and not any donation. I studied in a Govt. Engineering College and had got the last seat in my choice of city. I celebrated it with my father eating hot hot kala jamuns right outside the seat counselling center.
- I got a job soon after college, when recession was at its peak.
- Coming from a nuclear family, I became a part and parcel of a big, joint family very quickly. I sometimes have elders coming to me for my opinions which makes me feel important 😀
- I went off sugar sometime mid April in 2013. I followed it diligently, not giving in to temptation, even during my pregnancy. Post Moo, I ate sweets now and then, just so that I do not hurt the family friends who brought loads of sweet boxes, but that too just a bite of the sweet, in front of them 😉
- I relieved my mom of sleepless nights as soon as Moo finished one month. She did more than she could do, looking after me, Moo and the house in general. Once she had rest throughout the night, only one of us started looking like a zombie 😆
- Cooking non-veg fare without tasting. All the times I have cooked in the last couple of months, I have got compliments that it is perfect.
That’s all I have achieved which I am very happy about, in this little life of mine.