I am ashamed to admit that whenever I am awarded, I do not accept it immediately. It stays in my mind that I have been tagged/ awarded and when I get nothing novel to write about I dust the archives of the sweet bloggers who presented the precious awards to the unworthy me. I was thinking about writing a post on Zack, since I felt Moo has stole the limelight from him in this blog off late :lol:, when I saw that I have been awarded. Not wanting to cursing myself again, here I am, accepting the awards from the gracious and lovely presenters.
MonkeyMind, our ever lovely MM presented me with the Sunshine award way back in April which I am accepting now, in monsoon. Please forgive me MM, but hey, this sunshine can help me dry out the clothes which I am unable to do since 2 days because of the rains 😀 According to the rules, I have to display the award and mention ten interesting things about myself. Here I go.
(1) I love listening to new languages. Even if I do not understand them, I like to see and hear people speak/ fight/ laugh/ revel in a language.
(2) I always sleep on the right side of the bed. If I am sleeping on the left, I am not at peace. I fiddle, plot, scheme, plead – do anything to cross over to the right side.
(3) I can concentrate on whatever work I am doing while the TV is on full volume or the music is blaring out of the loudspeakers.
(4) If I like a movie or a TV show, I look up the biographies of its actors and directors.
(5) Anything new, I am game for it. Be it electronics, website or social media.
(6) In any kind of gathering irrespective of the age group, I can churn out new games which everyone can play or be involved with.
(7) I may take three hours to do online window shopping, but in the real world, I am out of the shop in less than fifteen minutes with the shopping bag in hand.
(8) I can eat daal and rice daily for lunch/ dinner.
(9) I choose clothes for others really well. I have never had a rejection in my selection ( show off alert).
(10) I deliberately keep an empty bottle besides me, so that I walk to the kitchen every time to fill and drink it.
Thank you so much MM, for awarding me. Whoever I read have been awarded this, if you have not though, kindly consider yourself awarded 🙂
Next, I thank Sanity Vows and TandooriPanipuriLife for conferring on me the Liebster Award. They find me worthy enough of it, even though I talk about nothing apart from the going ons in my mind and my surroundings. Interestingly, I have to answer the same set of questions to me, though I would give it to Sanity Vows to have come up with this set of 11 questions. So dear SV and N, here are my answers.
1. What made you start blogging?How is blogging different than keeping a diary for you or is it the same?
One fine afternoon when I had finished my set of tasks at work and reading the news online, I entered ‘ time pass’ in Google. Of the first five links which showed up that day, two were blogs. I read them one by one, finishing all their archives in a matter of days. One link lead to another and I was reading blogs whenever I had time. I think I stalked blogs for an year before starting this blog. I like to write, and blogging was the perfect answer for a break from work and home. My place, my words, my thoughts.
The difference between a blog and diary is the audience. Not if the blog is private, of course. I can gain other reader’s perspectives through blogging, which is not possible by maintaining a diary. That said, some days it is therapeutic to put words into paper.
2. Do you have a pet? If yes, which one? And if not, why?
No. We tried having a dog for a pet some ten years ago, but it didn’t work out. The dog whined and barked whenever it was near me and I used to think it hated me. And since then, haven’t ventured to change my opinion.
3. Which city do you think is the best to settle down in India? And why?
I have lived in only two cities for long periods of time. And my vote goes for my hometown, Gandhinagar. The greenery, zero pollution, everyone knows everyone phenomenon, street food, quietness, calmness, clean roads, etc
4. What is the one thing that you ordered in a restaurant and it turned out to be totally yuck and expensive?
Zack took me out to this Chinese restaurant in Bangalore once, boasting of its authenticity and taste. I looked for Hakka noodles with Manchurian on the menu, my favourite, but nowhere was there a mention of Hakka as well as Manchurian. The walls had some Chinese symbols and that was the only thing ‘Chinese’ I found. Since we both were very hungry, I ordered veg noodles. It was so bland than I had to finish it with oodles of tomato sauce. Such a waste of money, sigh.
5. If you see your enemy (or simply somebody you dislike) in a helpless situation, will you go forward and help them? Or leave them and enjoy mercilessly?
I would help, but not directly. I would have someone help them.
6. Have you ever been caught by your parents doing something totally inappropriate for your age?
Nope. I was the model kid who would cover her tracks and not get caught 😀 😀
7. What is that one thing that you criticize publicly, but do the same in private?
Nothing. I do not voice my opinions in the family or work unless asked. So ‘public’ criticism is out of the question 😀 As for the criticism part, I see the reason in every action and thing, so am not much of a critic.
8. Do you like water sports? Which one?
Unfortunately, I haven’t participated in any kind of water sports 😦 So whether I like them or not remains to be experienced.
9. Have you ever thought (or actually did ) of harming somebody very badly in order to get back at them? How?
Nope, never. The maximum I have done is shouted at them, that too in my mind.
10. Do you fart and behave like the other person is guilty of the crime?
The smile on my face saves me from any kind of questioning 😛
11. Have you ever been caught by the police ( or worst locked up)? For what reason?
Not technically. As a part of a protest rally during college, have been herded into the police van and transported from one place of protest to another.
It was fun answering these SV and TP 🙂 Again, who all I wanted to tag these questions with, have been awarded the same. But if not, please to take this up 🙂